Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Christ the Lord is Risen Today

I emailed my Bishop and asked what he wanted the Ward Choir to do for Easter this year. He responded that he had looked at the calander (something I had yet to do!), and Easter was the week following General Conference in April, and that the Stake had assigned that day as Fast Sunday - meaning no rest hymn, and no special choir number. When I talked to the choir about it, someone asked if we could do a choir and congregation number, like the Sallie DeFord pieces we had done for Christmas. Our Bishop loves music, and was all for it. I searched the web for one that we could use, and couldn't find one, so I combined what I did find (a flute piece I found free for noncommercial use) into something the Choir could learn for Easter. I often have a small amount of men to women, so I tend to arrange my music around that weakness - so the male choir parts are unison, and fairly simply in nature. Just as a heads-up. The choir sings an into, and the first verse A Cappella with the flute, then the piano and congregation join for the 2nd and 3rd verses, with the choir, flute, and piano finishing with how they started to book-end the piece. I'm putting it up here just in case anyone else is in the same boat!

No comments: