Saturday, August 15, 2009

Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful

So, I have the Christmas Program done, and approved! :) Lots of music, so we're already practicing. I've only arranged one piece, the rest is "commercial" sheet music. I am always tempted to start with "Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful" to set the tone, to invite everyone to come and worship with the choir. This year, I'm ending with it, and I like it!

I've arranged a women's descant for verse two and verse three, with a bit of a piano arrangement to spice it up a bit. I'm not the best at piano, and as I'm sure anyone who has used my pieces knows. Just a bit more flavor. The music shows only the women's part - congregation and descants. The men can just use a hymnbook, or perhaps sing an octave down? Interesting thought... though my basses would not like the high notes. The descant for verse two is different than verse three.

As always, if you do use one of my pieces, I'd love to know if it worked for your choir, and especially if you had any problems, made any changes/improvements. Leave me a comment telling me where you're from, and which piece you used.

No comments: