Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me

We are working on Christmas in Ward Choir. I pulled out our first piece of Christmas music in June! I have a Bishop who loves music, and that has been a dangerous thing for me - six pieces that the choir will learn, plus the congregation singing "What Child is This?" from Sallie DeFord, and an arrangement for choir and congregation of "O Come, All Ye Faithful" that I'm working on. I'm really looking forward to the program.

Ward choir is not just Christmas, though, and we are doing a WONDERFUL arrangement of "Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me" by Linda Pratt. The link to her web site is on the sidebar. I chose it because I like the hymn, and not being too talented on the piano, the first time I heard it was at ward choir. Awful, I know!!! I was BLOWN AWAY by the chords in the piece, the way it develops. I looked at the choir and asked them if they heard that! And we sang it again, and there it was. I'm tempted to put an .mp3 file on my page, because she doesn't have that on her page, just so you know how great this piece is! It is beautiful! So gentle, so lilting, with chords to die for. The piano arrangement is beautiful just by itself, something I am NOT talented enough to do. So, my recommendation to you is to go to Linda Pratt's web site and download the sheet music - one of the best free pieces you could find!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would very much like to have a downloadable MP3 song of this lady's music... looking for music to play at grave site. My father passed on in 2010 and we played Burl Ives rendition of dad's favorite hymns.

Now my mother wants us to do the same for her and we need a really good piece of Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me. Can you help us?


Still paying off Dad's funeral, so anything you could do to help us get a free one would be greatly appreciated.

Carol
cjramey@zoominternet.net