Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why I blog...

I was put in charge of the music in my ward about a year ago. Included in these responsibilities was leading the Ward Choir, a calling I've had before. I was given a budget to purchase sheet music, but not enough for new music every month. I have a music program that I've used for other purposes, so instead of writing out sheets saying how I want each verse sung, I started to input the hymns into my program and detailing the parts - unison, 2 part, and so on. This developed more and more, and I am now to a point that I am pretty pleased with the music I've made. I love to sing, can (barely) play the piano, but I have no training in composing music. So, don't expect too much, and forgive any flaws. I just thought that there are probably many other people out there, trying to lead ward choirs on limited budgets, and having free music that is easy for beginning choirs to learn is always a nice thing to have. So, I'm putting this music out there, hoping that someone will like it enough to use it! 

No comments: