Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Wondrous Gift

"The Wondrous Gift" was another early attempt. I wasn't even attempting piano accompaniment at that time, so I asked my mom - another amateur trying to do her best - to work on the music with me. The words and hymn joining were my idea, the music was all her doing. I think it turned out beautifully. It is a Christmas hymn, combining "Once in Royal David's City" with "There is a Green Hill Far Away" words sung to the music of "O Little Town of Bethlehem." I really love how the words progress through the piece, and think it teaches a good principle about Christ and the meaning of his birth, thus the meaning of Christmas. 

1 comment:

Jennifer Bundy said...

I am getting around to look for music for stake conference and had bookmarked your blog awhile ago. This one looks like one I will try to use for our ward choir for Christmas! Thanks for sharing!